Joe serves as the controller for Thomas & Reed, LLC as well as all T&R divisions. Additionally, he leads the tax department for the firm.
Joe has over 40 years of experience that includes accounting, construction accounting, auditing, and financial services as well as departmental and managerial positions in a corporate office, not-for-profit agency, and stand-alone project environments. He has managed banking relationships, A/P, A/R and payroll, cash forecasting and management, project cost accounting, material control and human resources/EEO management.
His experience supporting federal projects and agencies includes overseeing client accounting for projects related to construction or governmental activities. He prepared GSA Schedule applications for related company expertise.
Joe has experience with HUD and HUD-funded agencies and has completed training on HUD’s accounting system.
In addition to the experiences learned through work, he has maintained and upgraded his skills through an MBA and CMA/CFM/CBM certifications. He has advanced proficiencies in Microsoft Office, Peachtree Accounting, QuickBooks and many other PC based software and spreadsheets used to discover and propose changes that have saved employers considerable time and money.
- CFM – Certified in Financial Management*
- CMA – Certified Management Accountant*
- CBM – Certified in Business Management
* Administered through the Institute of Management Accountants
- Prior Board of Directors – Big Brothers Big Sisters, Treasurer
- Assisted several small businesses updating their accounting systems
- Volunteered to help a small not-for-profit install accounting software